- RT @AP: BREAKING: California Supreme Court blocks measure that would divide state in three from appearing on November ballot. 5 hours ago
- RT @FOX23Heather: You won't want to miss my story on cancer survivor and @TulsaDrillers pitcher @alka_SMELTZer tonight on @FOX23 at 9. He… 23 hours ago
- RT @FOX23Heather: So of course I’m rooting for @rhyshoskins tonight! I’m a former Sac State cheerleader... gotta cheer for the Hornet! 🐝💚⚾️… 23 hours ago
- RT @FOX23Heather: I thought the homerun derby was yesterday? Nothing but bombs in the ASG tonight. 23 hours ago
- Tuesday = New episode. Semi continuation from last week. Listen away! #itunes #wordpress #unpredictablepodcast unpredictablepodcast.com 1 day ago
2/3 Crazy Thoughts, 1/3 Sports
Tag Archives: Mingle
May 15, 2012Posted by on
As the title suggests, this one is about Second Saturday. Meaning, the Second Saturday of each month, just in case you lost count. This past Saturday (and future Second Saturdays) is the Saturday of all Saturdays in Midtown. Streets are just filled with people, dogs on leashes, bars are filled (with nice drink specials at some places.)
Their was a time in which Second Saturday was in doubt. About two years ago, a shooting took place near a bar called Streets of London and the security of that Second Saturday was put into question.
The day, no, the event was put into question. Their were some talks of it being cancelled. The following Second Saturdays were a bit down, safety was a concern. It’s like with all situations same you can’t let one bad apple ruin the tree (is that the right saying in this case?).
After a while though, Second Saturday returned back to normal.
Here is the breakdown of the greatness that is Second Saturday:
- Quality friend time.
- Quality drinking time.
- Great people watching.
- Street side entertainment.
- Great weather.
Besides those four things, Second Saturday is about the mom and pop stores. These mom and pop stores showcases art & clothing. Also, Midtown offers some pretty good art galleries. If you are in Sacramento, just make sure that you are here during Second Saturday, lots of walking is in store for you.
As soon as the sun goes down and the families are gone, that’s when things gets more fun.
For me, it’s all about this…
Unforutnately, I only drank two Blue Moons. I would’ve liked to drink more but I couldn’t for reasons I shall state later. I had a friend and a friend of a drink like crazy so that kept me entertained. Now that I’m thinking about it, Miss SeekingStyle still owes me a drink. I might have to cash in on that debt this weekend. Focus…FOCUS. Bars (most) are filled to capacity, drink specials are around if you find the right spot. Clubs have lines everywhere, sadly(not quite) we were denied access to one. You may even get invited to a random house party, which I’ll explain later.
Second Saturday is one of those days that you can get away going out on your own. By doing that, you are guaranteed to run into somebody that you know. That is one of the positives about Sacramento, it has the big family vibe.
If you decide to take a trip to Sacramento, make sure it lands on a Second Saturday. It’s straight forward: nice weather, friends, people watching and side show entertainment.
What more can you ask for on a Saturday? (Besides BBQ)