- So...@dmitchinson at work. Can't say I don't care. https://t.co/i8UmL1srid 20 hours ago
- @taliaveronica08 twitter.com/mayorcabaldon/… 1 day ago
- RT @FOX23Heather: FANS IN THE STANDS RANKINGS Week 7 1. @BAStudentSec/@THETRAPCVILLE 2. @PiratesCove_ 3. @EaglePrideSHS https://t.co/r… 1 day ago
- Allergy pills sounds amazing! You know what else sounds amazing? Wine. Wine sounds amazing. 1 day ago
- RT @SimpsonsQOTD: “I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to *speed* around the city, keeping its *speed* over fifty, and if its *speed… 4 days ago
2/3 Crazy Thoughts, 1/3 Sports
Tag Archives: Actor
May 22, 2012Posted by on
“Honestly I don’t even listen to rap, cause when I turn the radio on, out comes crap. And if you make good music that’s ok, but on the radio that they don’t play”
– B.o.B, Generation Lost
B.o.B is a former underground Hip-Hop artist who is now mainstream. I own a couple of his mixtapes and they sound great. Some studio albums he came out with are pretty legit, B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray and Strange Clouds. Unfortunately, most of his good songs does not get air time.
One song that I really like:
Another artist who is finally getting love, but kind of doesn’t, is Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino.
This gentleman is the definition of hard worker. He has the title actor/writer/comedian/rapper.
- He served as a writer for 30 Rock.
- He plays the hilarious Troy Barnes.
- And he is the straight-forward, Childish Gambino.
Proof, performance in LA:
Sorry, about the freeze shot. I don’t control YouTube.
Still, if my memory serves me right I have only heard at least two songs on the radio. That, till this day, does not make any sense to me. We have the likes of Justin Beiber, Drake and Celly Cel playing every five minutes.
It seems that good, real, music is considered Rebel Music (Yes, I borrowed that from Wyclef Jean). Decade of solid music here, not so solid decade there. Music is a cycle, now is not our time for good, solid music. Hopefully, there are some hidden talents that are trying to be discovered that is all about heart and soul, not fame and fortune. The heart and soul are what Childish Gambino and B.o.B. are about. It’s just a matter of time before the MASS audience will really listen.
Side note, as I finish this, maybe one or two songs have hit the airwaves from B.o.B. as my friend just told me.
Shows how much I listen to radio, I’m strictly a iPod person. I can create my own playlist there.
Maybe music isn’t dying. I’m just getting old and not with the times.
Bonus from Mr. Glover, singing on Community: