- . @dmitchinson I want to be like you when I grow up. 2 days ago
- Frozone's theme song is 🔥🔥🔥 #Incredibles2 3 days ago
- @2Greene_ twitter.com/SFGate/status/… 1 week ago
- RT @ReporterDawn: Smoke from a fire in a gated neighborhood in Newbury Park is billowing out over the Arroyo Conejo open space. https://t.c… 1 week ago
- Dropped some clothes off to the cleaners and I had shirts ready to be picked up since early March. It felt like I went shopping. 1 week ago
2/3 Crazy Thoughts, 1/3 Sports
April 5, 2012Posted by on
Clear skies, Cracker Jacks, Sunflower Seeds and BASEBALL! What more can one ask for. The Boys of Summer hit the field to as the 2012 MLB Season begins.
The A’s are back in the States and are hosting the Mariners tomorrow night.
Oakland and Seattle split a two-game series last week in Japan, before coming back to finish off their Spring Training slate. Since their last playoff appearance in 2006, the A’s have finished no higher than ninth in the American League in runs scored while boasting some of the league’s best pitching. This year’s squad will be led by two injury-prone veteran starters — Brandon McCarthy and Bartolo Colon — and several unproven arms in the back of the rotation and bullpen. The offense must score some runs with their young, yet unproven, talent led by Yoenis Cespedes.
The Giants head to Arizona to take on the defending NL West Champs, the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Giants hope to make the playoffs and are led by their two-headed monster of Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain. The squad struggled at times to generate runs, but the return of Buster Posey should help with that issue. Top prospect Brandon Belt made the Opening Day roster as well as a couple of rookies. The Giants focused on offense this past off-season and hopefully it will lead them back to the playoffs.
In Minor League news, The Sacramento River Cats begin today in Sin City as they take on the Las Vegas 51s.
The Cats roster is set but we shall wait a few games before we get any deeper.
AL/NL West: LA Angels/SF Giants
AL/NL East: NY Yankees/ PHI Phillies
AL/NL Central: DET Tigers/CIN Reds
AL/NL Wild Card 1: TEX Rangers/ MIA Marlins
AL/NL Wild Card 2: BOS Red Sox/ ARZ Diamondbacks
ALCS: Angels over Tigers
NLCS: Phillies over Red
WS: Angels over Phillies in six games.